found a 87-91 f450 with hydroboost in boneyard

73idi88f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
found the complete thing minus the master cylinder and an auto pedal i need manual.. res 2 lines 1 rubber return already fitted other then it was on 460 gaser just under 50 bucks! other then looking old it looked bone dry.. one line looked recent new other was homemade with a section of hydraulic hose and the factory molded return looks good!

so found this yesterday (Saturday) got it installed today(Sunday) to fix the pedal prob i honed out the wholes in the firewall that held the hydroboost.. (in my job not quite enough) and honed the holes in the orig master. the spread just wasn't enough.

i used my pump and swapped the res, that was really easy! glade i grabbed the fitting that came out the side because it looked different then the one on my 88 pump.

everything else was plug and play like it came off.. did a few painting and everything got cleaned that went on

heres a few pics (fyi i do have 2inch body lift)
You must be registered for see images attach

73idi88f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also forgot it was missing the rod between the master and hydroboost, lucky i had what i think is a ps hydroboost only that i robbed the rod from and modified to work perfect!

next big project will be the dang leaky oil cooler.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's one of the best mods you can do to these old trucks right here.hey,if you don't need that pedal,you can always go back and grab it and post it up here in the marketplace to help others out and earn some extra cash.they're not exactly found on every corner.;)
you found such a great deal,if you can score the pedal for a good price too,that alone can easily fund your whole upgrade!;Sweet

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nice,

Did you grab that pedal? I know people here would be happy to get one

TO ALL WHO do this swap, even if it's the wrong pedal for you grab it anyway! You can always give it up to someone else who needs the correct pedal...doing a swap....

JM2CW

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Welcome to the new world of kissing the windshield when you apply the brakes the first few times. You now have more than double the hydraulic pressure available for stopping power. We don't need it all the time but its nice having it when we need it just the same. Good idea getting the brake peddle if you can. Someone is always needing one. Sadly for the standard trans trucks removing the brake peddle is a big job. Its not a simple auto trans type peddle shaft with the clips on the ends. You need to remove all kinds of crap just to get the peddle shaft supports out from under the dash. I did one in my wrecking yard on a hot summer day. I wont ever work under a dash like that again. Just hurts too much.

73idi88f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys I didn't get the pedal if someone needs it I may go back for it.
The brakes feel amazing compared to what I had