Ford F250 Bed the Same Size as Dodge Full-size PU Bed??

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Friends,

Do any of you happen to know if a headache rack & rails/cargo bars off a 1997 Dodge 8-foot bed will fit my 1990 F-250 long-bed & without major cutting/re-welding/refinishing??
(I'd sooner not make a 100+ mile round-trip for nothing & don't know much about the bed size of Dodge full-size PUs.)

The headache rack, rail covers/cargo rails are by RANGEHAND & probably cost >750.oo new.
(The Dodge was totaled in a front-end collision but the rack/rails look NEW & were undamaged in the wreck. - 100.oo cash is a SCREAMING BARGAIN, if the stuff will fit.)

yours, satx

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
minimal differences, a couple inches in length longer on the ford, a inch or 2 difference rear width (iirc) on the dodge

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jwalterus,

THANKS. = I think that my part-time mechanic, who is a fairly-decent welder/painter, can fix that easily. = Sounds like I'll be making the trip down I-35 South this weekend to pick-up the rack/rails.

yours, tex

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
no problem, I only know this from doing topper swaps, I space those with a 5/4x4" vinyl trim board for garage door trim around the top of the bed

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jwalterus,

I just knew that at least one of our GREAT members would KNOW the correct answer. = This forum is BLESSED with lots of REAL experts & who are HELPFUL.

NOTE: IF any of "our crowd" needs a FIBERGLASS TOPPER in good shape & are close enough to pick it up, I'll help you out as I have TWO that I don't need.

yours, satx

Last edited: