ford 4spd or dodge 5 spd

greasysnot

future fummins
Reaction score
wanna swap a 92 cummins turbo i picked up complete truck ffor 1500.00 into my 75 f250 4x4 which trans is easier gertrag 5spd fronm the dodge or stay with the ford 4spd t19, also gertrag clutch is hydralic.any info would be great,thanx:hail :thumbsup:

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doing a swap follow the "KISS" principle and keep it simple, the Dodge parts were engineered to work together, Getrag ain't a bad tranny.

IMHO

The dodge tranny will be the better choice with the overdrive, no expensive adaptors to buy etc... Cummins engines make their torque down low, you'll need the overdrive for highway running and fuel economy.

You already have the complete truck to **** for parts which is the cheapest way to do a conversion.;Sweet

Me personally I like a hydraulic clutch over a mechanical clutch.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Doing a swap follow the "KISS" principle and keep it simple, the Dodge parts were engineered to work together, Getrag ain't a bad tranny.

IMHO

The dodge tranny will be the better choice with the overdrive, no expensive adaptors to buy etc... Cummins engines make their torque down low, you'll need the overdrive for highway running and fuel economy.

You already have the complete truck to **** for parts which is the cheapest way to do a conversion.;Sweet

Me personally I like a hydraulic clutch over a mechanical clutch.

Gotta agree here!

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Keep the getrag, I will keep My zf but that is bc I personally like it better than a getrag.