For a friend of mine...Oil pressure questions

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a 2001 7.3 PSD in an E350...where are the oil galley ports where he could connect a mechanical oil pressure gauge? Are they the same places as the IDI? What size plug is in there? The backstory is that his factory oil pressure gauge apparently quit working. It shows no pressure but the HEUI fuel system still works fine and there is no check engine light nor any scary sounds so we're working on the assumption it's a bad gauge not bad bearings or bad oil pump. Lastly, what should the oil pressure values be and at 233,000 miles would any of you PSD guys consider changing the oil pump as a matter of course (PM) instead of because it is known to be bad? Thanks for the help for a basement guy,
JD

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
same place as the idi on the oil cooler.the oilpressure sensor is in the HPOP reservoir in front of the fuel filter housing.ive never heard of a PSD with a bad oil pump.should be around 10-15psi at idlewarm.and 40-70 psi at 3300rpm warm

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the oil pressure sensor is the gold one on the HPOP reservior to the left.

Attachments

• engine%20parts.jpg
    engine%20parts.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 15

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Rich and Bill. I will pass this info along. I bet the stupid gauge is just bad or at least I hope so for his sake. I also think that 7.3 has a lot of life left in it, it sounds really good running.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online