FLYWHEEL

LASVEGAS7.3IDI

LASVEGAS7.3IDI
Reaction score
:dunno question will the e40d, tc, and flywheel from a 7.3 work on a 6.9 or do i need the 6.9 auto flywheel? and if the 7.3 flywheel will work on the 6.9 does any one know a part number and where to buy?:dunno

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The torque converters wont swap because of the E4OD has the lockup mode. Any IDI auto trans flexplate design will fit any diesel C6 or diesel E4OD trans. The only flexplates that wont fit from the E4OD is the powerstrokes. They have 6 bolts that hold the converter to the plate and 10 bolts hold that to the crank. Be careful because some flexplates are the 3 piece hevay cast iron types and the others are the lite stamped plates with the ring gear welded on... Those require a special spacer to take the place of the missing cast iron wheel...

LASVEGAS7.3IDI

LASVEGAS7.3IDI
Reaction score
basicly what im doing is pulling the 7.3 out of my 92 and putting in a 6.9 the 92 has a new e40d and tc in it so i was hopeing to just bolt the 6.9 in and go

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
That will work fine. The newer flexplate will have the special spacer on the crank. Its kinda hard to see when your first looking at it. Just tap it off with a hammer lightly.