first roadtrip running SVO!!

GRU

fear the chicken legs
Reaction score
we are walking out the door to head from the ohio line in Pa to ocean city maryland. im burning svo the entire time there and back, wish me luck!!

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
SVO? I can't keep all the acronyms in line. Is that straight veggie oil?

How did the trip go? Did you adjust your IP for it?

SWS

GRU

fear the chicken legs
Reaction score
just got home. i meant straight waste veggie, not mixed with diesel like i was last year. only problem was i had to replace a clogged fuel filter. so $31 to go roughly 800 miles!!! i love it! seemed to run great too. my egts were hotter than normal though. i really think the IP is retarded and im losing alot of my combustion out the exhaust. other than that it was freakin sweet!

idi traveler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Texas is square, 800 miles top to bottom, 800 miles left to right.

And the County I live in is about the size of Rhode Island. And it's a small one.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Your timing will be different with the WVO and the mix of the diesel. Also, I have a buddy who ran WVO consistently. He loved it except for one little thing. The glycerine started to clog the pump and injectors after about 6mos of daily driving. I would go like 3-4 tanks and then one of about 90% diesel to clean it up. Maybe just me, but think about it.

BTW, what was your milage?

SWS

GRU

fear the chicken legs
Reaction score
i do have a big heat exchanger before the filter. the timing did feel different. im trying to look up info on adjusting the pump right now. the truck feels alot more sluggish and egts are much higher. i honestly cant tell you the mileage on wvo. i have no way of measuring it. im expecting at least 16, thats what i get empty with #2. it ran real nice though, just wasnt climbing hills like it should.