Finally....Some gauges with numbers....

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I finally got around to installing my new Autometer Z series gauges in the old Ford over the last 2 nights....I was too cheap to buy the pillar pod so I bought a cheapo APC dash pod and mounted it upside down on the headliner. The gauges are all electric so they went in relatively easy. My factory gauges still work as well. The old IDI seems to be in decent shape oil pressure wise, 35-37psi at idle and 50psi around 2000 rpm. I still need a pyro and I might shoot the pod in red to match the interior....Looks ok for a $9 ebay POS....LOL

You must be registered for see images attach

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If that presure is at hot idle, that thing is in REALLY good shape. ;Sweet

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dupli-color's Vinyl dye is very good for interior pieces. The VS-4 Red is as close to a color match as your gonna find. I used it on my interior stuff and is seems to be holding up well. Much better than I expected.;Sweet

Heath

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I drove it to work this morning. 22-25psi at hot idle, 40+psi going down the road at 2000rpm. Still way above the minimum according to my IH service manual. Runs around 195-200F for temp. Nice to have some numbers, being a truck tech I need the hard facts on blood pressure...LOL

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
what took you so long:D

funny i JUST finished up my piller pods last night, its nice to have a boost gage that is not electrical taped to my 4x4 shifter.:angel:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Members online