Fell in love all over again. No more new Truck thoughts!

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
since I bought my idi it was pretty weak. Had a brand new motor from ford dropped in only 48k miles before I bought it but had the 200k mile injectors and ip on it. Since purchased I always had to use water to start it on the ip. I tow heavy often and with 3:55’s and weak fuel it was a dog even with the turbo.

Today was my first job since the turbo spec ip and injector replacement and I gotta say this idi is an amazing motor. I probably gained 70hp! Before it would take 2500rpms and full throttle to peg the boost and long grades would barely get me to 950 egt. Not at 60mph I cruis at 500egt instead of 300, I can flick the throttle and peg the boost gauge and my egts can hit 1200 at will. I couldn’t use od before with my equipment trailer empty and now it’ll cruise control in od at 60mph effortlessly. I must say it’s made me fall in Love all over again! My new 4:10 rearend will be here any day and after that this Truck should be able to any job I need

pafixitman

Reaction score
Imagine how many more hp you would have gained if you added stickers!

I have new sticks on the way for mine. I know I should do the complete fuel system, but I do have a bad injector and decided to start with it. Putting the kid in college and Erica starting her business severely limited funds.

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any ideas as to where to get it timed near Redlands CA?
I actually called a few places today but no one answered. If I find one I’ll let you know or if you do please let me know as I need to do mine. Maybe we can meet up and rent the meter but I’m going to keep calling around