Fast and furious diesel moment

George D.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I pull into a gas station and theres a bombed out cummins dualy sitting there at one of the pumps I pull around to a pump turbo wistling abit get out and the dodge pulls around and the kid driving it asks "you have a 12v in that thing?" Then my old street racer side came out and instead of telling him whats in there like I useualy would with my truck especialy when talking to a fellow diesel lover I just kinda smile and say nope.:sly He looked kinda confused for a second then said oh its just the old mechanicle engine inthere. I was suprised he didn't guess powerstroke.

I gues my truck does kinda sound like a cumins at low rpm just with more wistle at high rpm it sounds like a 6.0 with straight pipescookoo that probly woulda realy threw him

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I like how he defined it as an "old mechanical diesel," what does he think a cummins is? Kinda a broad term.

You coulda really messed with him and told him something exotic like a Cat 3126, Duetz, etc and seen the look on his face.

My experience with young cummins drivers like that....95% of them know nothing.

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
My experience with young cummins drivers like that....95% of them know nothing.

Thats about how it is around here. Cummins is the best thing since sliced bread in their opinion but they dont know squat about any other diesel. Everything else is junk.cookoo

George D.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seemed like he ment the old mechanicle diesel that came in the fords but who knows shoulda said its a DT360 hmmm maybe one day.

Yeah my 6.9 witha staight pipe sounds a litle like a 12v at lower rpm and throtle or a bit like a 6.0 with less ratle the way the turbo spools and whistles but when I get after it there is no bout its a v8 with the stock DP to stock exhaust with muffler deleted it sounded like a high comp gasser when I got on it untill it got into the cackle. With the 3"DP to 4" straight pipe you can hear the turbo whistle the whole time.

George D.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope no vids I don't have a camera and the stupid track ball on my phone doesn't works so I can't take vids with it but I'll see if I can find one or possibly buy one and get some vids so you guys can see what you think, I should add the disclaimer that I did real bad on the hearing test befor I left for afghan and may be wors know, .50cals and 10lb sleges are both very loud.

And Drag Rag I Forgot that was the name of the plan to arm the Mexican druglords

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i can beat that story, im on another forum which is all jeep related and one guy posted up about problems he was having with a 6.0 powerstroke engine. well this "GM" tech, which he is always bragging about how he has been a "GM tech" for x amount of years tells him how his injector pump has gone bad.
i got on there and told him "good luck finding that injector pump, international never put one on the "powerstroke" engine series, which went into ford trucks starting in 1994.5."
he then said "what do they use to pump fuel to the injectors then, :lol: " got to love "real GM techs" there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online