FASS Pumps

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I was reading up on these pumps and filters and wondered if they could help us in any way. What I read is they take the air out of the diesel fuel so you get a better even burn. Is this just for the high pressure injection systems found on the "other" diesel motors?

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
I was reading up on these pumps and filters and wondered if they could help us in any way. What I read is they take the air out of the diesel fuel so you get a better even burn. Is this just for the high pressure injection systems found on the "other" diesel motors?

Gary

I think this falls under the category of "it certainly wouldn't hurt anything." I've considered this as well for my IDI's after reading up on them for my DMax. Anything to increase efficiency has got to be a move in the right direction. As to whether or not you notice an improvement in power or MPG on a low pressure system.:dunno

Tom

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put on a holley blue to see if it helps my fuel starving on WMO. I see 12psi, and it seems to run better, but its still turning the light on under load. I'm gonna tinker some more and do some more testing.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
I'm think it would be cool, it would help with lubrication too. why I say this is if you run low on fuel and it gets air in there it makes the metal come in close contact thus heat and "SNAP" there goes the IP! I think this is what happened to mine.:puke:

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Those critters are just for the newfangled electronic engines that have injectors firing off 5+ times during each stroke. A tiny bit of air in the fuel is critical with those things. You just aren't going to notice anything on our lumbering old beasts to justify the cost.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'd probably have to regulate the pressure down, anymore than 9 psi can make the timing too far advanced.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Perhaps Mel will chime in and help out with some "Moose Pump builder" advice on this subject.......:popcorn :popcorn ;Poke