Factory ATS Turbo CDR relocation

Reaction score
I am currently installing a factory ATS turbo system on my truck. I have everything I need except the pass. side valve cover for cdr relocation. Does anyone know if its possible to use a N/A valve cover, or put the CDR someplace else?

Also, I went to the ATS website and the turbo install writeup seems to be broken...does anyone happen to have it? thanks

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
Banks makes an adapter for their kits that sucks from the IP gear cover, you caqn get or make one to work or make a RDT. What do you need to know about the install?

Reaction score
anyone have a link or pic of the banks conversion? anyone modify a N/A valve cover to mount the CDR.

My other issue, where do I put the glow plug controller?

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
I moved my glow plug controller to the fire wall.
*here*
You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
ok, the Up pipe came connected to the turbo. I removed the pedistal, but I just cant get the whole setup to get down and fit correctly to the pass. side exhaust manifold. Is there any tricks, or do I have to remove the up pipe? I hope not, because it looks like a nightmare to get the turbo flanges bolted back up. Thanks

Goose_ss4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ats turbo

well you are going to have fun with this. i have the same turbo, but i put the new exauhst housing on mine. the ways your s is set up is terribe. i have had to pull it off my truck plenty of times. Its better if you take off all the piping off the turbo to begin with. install exhuast manifolds, Y pipe, turbo mount pedestal, and down pipe if you can. with that done then it will give you something to hold your turbo in place for the next step. also i replace all the hardware with really strong bolts that i can get in from the outside of the turbo mount flange side and blot to the turbo itself that has the threadsin it. this will get those annoying studs out of the way, and it is stroger. get your turbo drian installed. bolted to in take manifold, and routed into the valley pan. Again get rid of the studs they are a pain. with everything on except the turbo you can start to see how it is going to fit on there. take a 1/2 wrench and loosen the bolts on the compressor side of the turbo on. do not take them out all the way! with this you will be bale to adjust the clock position of your compressor outlet on your turbo to get it to line up to the cowl intake hat that sits on top of your intake manifold. this step is tricky, but if everything is loose and easy to move you should be able to wiggle everthing into place. i personaly do the bolts to the oil drain first, next the pedestal the turbo sits on, down pipe, and then the intake hate. getting to those bolts on the compressor again after instalation might be tricky, so try to dry fit first get the position, and tighten the most bottom bolt on the compressor as the drian will be blocking it when its installed. you can tighten every thing down after it is installed. be careful on the compressor bolts though. you do not want to over tighten and strip these bolts as it does get very very hot there.

please pm me if you have any difficulty with this. i had to do this many times to finally get the trubo right.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svttim

Members online