F-350 IDI Suspension Lift

CaptainMorgan556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys
So I've been looking for a suspension lift for my Crew Cab F-350. But I want a very nice one thatll last longer and do less damage to my suspension. I was looking for maybe a ProComp or Fabtech. I was wondering if the lift kits, which say they'll fit 1994-1998 will fit on a 1992? I didn't know if they changed anything in those 2 years to the point which Itll stop me from fitting one. Also anybody have any personal experience with lifting their IDI? Tips and tricks maybe. Thanks a lot!

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get the best of both worlds and use super duty leaf springs with a reverse shackle kit. You will have a smoother ride and get a lift on the truck. That is the way I am going with mine whenever I get to it.

CaptainMorgan556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get the best of both worlds and use super duty leaf springs with a reverse shackle kit. You will have a smoother ride and get a lift on the truck. That is the way I am going with mine whenever I get to it.

Do you have maybe a link to the proper kit?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how much of a lift are you trying to achieve?

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can clear them pretty easily. Most people will put a spacer behind the front bumper to move it forward a little so the tires don't rub. You probably just need 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch forward on the bumper to clear them. Would not be very noticeable either. Or make it easier and trim a little bit off the bumper. The F350s sit pretty high and will clear the 35s. I just trimmed a little off the bumper on my truck.

CaptainMorgan556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I found a rough country lift kit for a 1992 F350, problem is it doesn't fit the split I beam design. But I found an f-250 kit, which doesn't fit a solid front axle but a split I beam. The parts all look the exact same otherwise. Anyone think I can use the F-250 kit on my f350 without any major issues?