experiencing "page lock syndrome"

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks gents...
On the laptop (chrome)erased the login, went back, logged in, computer recalled the information pertinent to the issue per the link provided.
Now my kindle will log directly in, my login info/ect is current.(after I logged out and erased the signin info 2 times) but still has the issue of the page lock...
I believe that I did not clear the cookies on the laptop
well I tried to dump the cookies,,, could not get at them, so every time I come here on the laptop I have to log in (it recalls the login info) thanx for lookin in.
cb

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here is some funny chittttttt
I just happened to be surfing the net for some info...
up pops an ob thread, click on the page in the google search drop-down.....
and here I am , logged in , no re-logging in, no re trying, straight to logged in content.
later on cb

gandalf

Reaction score
I'm not sure whether this pertains to the Chrome lock-up under discussion here, but it seems pretty close. I'll cut and paste from the same forum I mentioned previously.

"...
I did notice the past few days that when I would being using firefox and chrome at the same time, chrome would freeze up where I would have to close it and it would freeze up my internet where I could surf the web on firefox. Then I would click task manager and go to the details section, I would notice about 6 chrome.exe listings. I would right click on them and close them out. I would reboot and open firefox again and then my connection was fine and I could surf the web again. This occurs after using chrome for awhile.

It shows that I am administrator and that is how I configured it when I first began using my laptop. I am not sure why it gave that message when I tried to upload firefox-patch.js shortcut file.

(name redacted), thank you for that UBlock add-on link. I apreicate it. I just installed it. Yes, it is the laptop that I am going to return but I want to make sure that I was vulnerable since I downloaded that firefox-patch.js file.
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images attach

Yesterday, 11:27 AM #11

I want to correct a line in my previous post.

It should read: I did notice the past few days that when I would be using firefox and chrome at the same time, chrome would freeze up where I would have to close it and it would freeze up my internet where I "COULDN'T" surf the web on firefox."

The firefox-patch.js is something the member downloaded and then became concerned about, thought it might be causing major problems.

The UBlock add-on is UBlock Origin, a top of the line add blocker. It's about the best add blocker available at the moment, highly recommended.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online