Exhaust set up??

travelinman31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently obtained a new exhaust system. It was installed on another 85 model 6.9 supercab, and is in like new condition. It is true dual exhaust 2.5" with two mufflers that look like flowmasters to me but no manufacturer or model on them. I want a throaty sound but do not want the cackle that sometimes comes along with too small of an exhaust. What would it sound like if I ran the two 2.5" into a single straight thru design muffler with 2 2.5" inlets and one 3" outlet then ran out behind the rear passenger tire with a tip (not sure what you call these I've called them echo chambers). I'm probably going to put the exhaust in it's current state on the truck and see what it sounds like, but am thinking of other options in case it cackles like an old hen. Might consider fabbing up a y pipe after the mufflers and run the 2 2.5" into one 4" and then out the back to salvage the mufflers on the new pipe, if that will give me a lower tone than the other options. My current objective is to delete the stock y pipe with the new exhaust pipes, and to gain a little more sound out of the truck all the while allowing it to breathe better. Any opinions or ideas?

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
I had a Flowmaster 70 series for a while, had really nice tone, no cackle.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin