ever seen a FIPL fail in less than 10,000 miles?

redvetracr

Reaction score
long story short in 2004 or so my 80-85K mile 1994 F-350 IDI turbo diesel dually crew cab was slipping out of OD, I had the trans serviced and the FIPL changed, the trans shop that did the job didn`t adjust it right and while on a trip with my big trailer I stopped at a Ford dealership after it started slipped out of OD, the trans man walked out with the Ford scan tool and gauge block and adjusted it and sent me on my way, that was in 2005, a few days ago (yes, 8 years later) I took the truck out and the trans slipped out of OD just like it did in 2005, the truck now has 89,800 miles. I`m a bit embarrassed to say in 8 years I put less than 10K miles on the truck.....any thoughts? I`m all ears and yes unfortunately it sits outside.

You must be registered for see images attach

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Replacing the tps yourself is silly simple. Remove two fasteners and the electrical plug to the tps. Install new. check voltage on the center green wire at idle with engine off but on a warm engine. The .96 to 1.2 volts is what you want to see on a digital voltmeter.