equus gauges

dairieman36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has any body ever heard of these i am looking to fill my pillar pod orielly's has equus brand gauges as well as autometer but for half the price i was wandering if anybody knew they were reliable they would prolly only be in there for a year or so or until i can afford better gauges but i dont want anything thats rong? any suggestion?

dairieman36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whats wrong with them? i just want to know so i can steer people away from them i will just get the autometer gauges then

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are not accurate and they dont like vibration, we used to get them for trucks at work because the boss was a cheapskate, we usually bought them 3 or 4 times before he finally quit arguing about the price. But new Stewart Warner are not what they used to be either. Autometer Or Isspro are my first choices, old stock VDO seems good also.

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
Personally, I've had good luck with Equus gauges, with the exception of the small voltmeter. The tachometers are nearly indestructible. We had one in a race car, that got rained on regulary, bashed with dirt clods, and survived bouncing around every dirt track in north central Kansas.
I've got one in the PackRat Wrecker, which hasn't missed a lick in 10 years.
Come to think of it, the only one I've lost in the last 15 years, was when the alternator shorted out and went full field in my 70 Chevy. Interestingly enough, the one in my 85 crewcab survived a similar experience.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have never used their tach's, just the other stuff.

dairieman36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i may try them anyways just for a while and if they work well i may just keep them i dont know yet i will eventually have to get autometer because i cant find a boost gauge that goes over 30psi from equus

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitsu tractor

Members online