engine pics?

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Yea.It goes into great detail on everything from Torque specs to oil clearances for the bearings,Overhauling procedures,etc etc etc.Also,at the begining of the book it has a large section on ALL the tools needed to work on these rigs.What I really like is it shows me how to put the timing gears back on since I had to remove the IP gear housing and gear on the 94.Some of the stuff is still outdated though.Like discription of the timing meter thing.They tell about the old style where you gotta know the Cetane Rating(but it gives a nice chart on how to figure it with a Hydrometer)

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Haynes manual for diesel engines is pretty good. That's the one that Frieght is reading from. It's got info on the 6.9 and 7.3 idi and the 6.5 Chebby all in one manual. You can find em real cheap on ebay! There is no other parts of the trucks covered though - like interior trim, that kinda thing.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
The manual I have is 10330 haynes Techbook Diesel Engine Repair Mainual.Blue book about the size of a phone book(small city like gadsden area;100K pop).It has repair info for the GM 350 diesel,6.2L,6.5L,6.9L,7.3L IDI and 7.3L PSD.I have 2 now......Funny thing is the one I just purchased from Advanced auto a couple years ago is older than the one I got from Travis with the Enterprise.....The one I bought has 1994 as the lastest copywrite date on the first page and the one from Travis has 2000 on the same page.....This sucks.Wasted that money!:moon:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitsu tractor

Members online

No members online now.