Elk Hunt (IDI kinda related)

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, anyhow, sorry for the long time gone, but I did some elk hunting in Idaho this year and put some pics in the lounge.. The IDI part of the story is my buddy who runs this nasty road every week has a new 05 Dodge and an 88 F250 with a 7.3. Says he thinks the Dodge has a rock solid engine, but he not sure the rest of the truck is going to hold, since his old Ford has run this same road 80 miles (takes 8 hours) every week of the elk season for the last 6 years and is still holding up well.. Something to be said for this ACID test on his trucks. Both are as stock as trucks can come, but they get beat pulling horse trailers and gear up and down these mountain roads constantly.. Loves the engine, but the truck is not proven yet, says he would have gotten a Ford, BUT with the Dodge Employee pricing, he got a nicely equipped 3500 with the Cummins and SLT options for 33K and some change, hard to get a similar Ford these days for much under 40K.... Anyhow, take a peak in the lounge and check out my pics. Scotty

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Naw, the last time I hunted moose was back in 95, when I was a senior in high school. Hunted in British Columbia, it was my dream trip, saved all summer working for my old man slinging a chainsaw in order to save the dough, but I promise I will never come to Pennsylvannia to hunt Moose, maybe some of them big deer though.. Scotty

pafixitman

Reaction score
Almost got one of them PA deer last night in the DD (Chrysler Concorde). I pulled out from a stop sign and for some reason was real gentle on the pedal (odd for me since I "fly" home after work) The deer jumped off the pass side berm and crossed in front. Looked to be the size of a cow. :eek: Good thing I have black seats in the car! :rotflmao I figure another 2 feet and he would have landed on the hood.

Scott

Reaction score
I have been looking for some info on the E40D trans for 89 E-350 for a few days. There are no band adjustments for this tranny, the only thing I have found is that the trans is computer controlled. I have a couple scan tools which I plan on trying to see if any codes pop up. This is my only recourse to my problem. I am starting to thing it may be my rear axle wearing out. It feels like a tranny slip but my van feels like there's a binding in my drive train somewhere.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Scott said:
I have been looking for some info on the E40D trans for 89 E-350 for a few days. There are no band adjustments for this tranny, the only thing I have found is that the trans is computer controlled. I have a couple scan tools which I plan on trying to see if any codes pop up. This is my only recourse to my problem. I am starting to thing it may be my rear axle wearing out. It feels like a tranny slip but my van feels like there's a binding in my drive train somewhere.

Scott,

Go ahead and start a new thread on the problem so that when folks are searching it will come up easier - plus some of the folks might bypass this post because of the thread heading.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online