Electrical Problem

Pino2234

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may be pretty complicated so I'll try to be clear.

This 6.2 is in an 82 chevy but it may be a newer 6.2 not sure the yet.

The injection pump has an orange wire that gives the solenoid 12 volts, so the problem is when I turn the key forward nothing happens

I unplugged tv orange wire and jumped 12 volts directly from the battery to the injection pump (where the orange wire plugged in) and the ip solenoid clicked so know it's getting 12v. But it won't start. So I plugged the orange wire back in and put 12 Volts ontop of the orange wire and everything turned on (the key buzzer, the ip clicked, and was able to start it).

I started it and it ran fine. I took the 12 volts off and left the orange wire and it stayed running.

Wats going on?

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
Bad ignition switch on the column, probably. It's a fairly easy part to change, but you have to tear a LOT apart to get to it. Not gonna hurt to try it though.

Pino2234

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks lindstromjd I finally put the ignition switch in and it didn't fix it then I found a wire under the hood just cut apart. It was apart of the 3 or 4 hot wires coming from the passenger side of the motor. I think they go down to the starter. But I stripped and connected it and everything works fine now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726