Edge EZ

Ghostrider304

Reaction score
I have one on order. Just wanted to know if it is a good buy. I already have a chip ,just look'n for a few extra horses.

Thanks,
Will-

jlayne

Bondo Bandito
Reaction score
i have never heard anybody say they didn't like it, i have installed a few in fords everbody seems to be happy

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think its a LOT of money for such a minimal gain. Since you already have a chip, I dont think your going to get as big a boost as you would hope for.

The EDGE EZ is a commercial version of the 10k mod.

http://www.forgotton.net/mods/index.html

Link above explains how to make your own 10k mod. If you want to make it adjustable, replace the 10k resistor with a variable 0-10k resistor with a 3.9k resistor soldered to the center post of the variable resistor. That gives you 3.9k to 13.9k of adjustablilty, and if you put the variable in the cab and just lengthen the wires to reach the ICP sensor, you can adjust on the fly.

Also look up Blackcloud Diesel 18k mod, and SP Diesel Stage-1. Those are also basically 10k mods.

I also have a super secret source for the male and female ICP connectors :evil grin:

GSD

Reaction score
I would agree totally with Daryl!

But, you can get the ICP plugs at your local GM dealer for about $20.

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GSD said:
I would agree totally with Daryl!

But, you can get the ICP plugs at your local GM dealer for about $20.

yup, the MALE end is a "3-wire" coolant temp sensor for a 93-97 LT-1 5.7 vette. Just hack the metal off the end of the plug and solder your wires to it.

Took me three years to find that part, and someone else was the one who found it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online