ebay smf clutch kit??

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
I have heard good things about Ft. Wayne Clutch... FWIW

;Sweet

I myself may be soon diving into the fray as my DMF is getting more clackety as time goes by... Looks like a good deal!

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
That one should be at my doorstep as soon as tomorrow.

I called and ordered it and added the Kevlar pilot bushing.

I spent a few hours looking around, and from what I could tell, Rhinopac is the same as LUK. It seemed like all the affordable clutches that were of 12 1/4 size were the same in the pictures.

So, after recomendations from members I thought I'd take the gamble that I'm getting a name brand for generic label prices. I'll take pictures of it to compare with anyones pictures of a real name brand LUK.

chowitworkz

Reaction score
The service from Fort Wayne Clutch is very good. I would expect satisfaction with that unit, when I need the next one that will be it.

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
Got it!

Disc says LUK all over it, and has the 4 big springs in the middle, and the 6 smaller on the outside.

Flywheel says "Made in China", and I didn't find anything on the pressure plate.

Last new flywheel and clutch I saw was for my 85 Bronco I6, and I've never seen any brand new clutch kits for these trucks so I don't have much to compare it to, but the flywheel looks it bit like a cheap cast iron pan on the back side, but it looks pretty good on the clutch surface. It's still got the coating on it so it's hard to say. I'll clean it and go over it with some super fine wet grit and see how it feels.

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
I would prob have it checked for runnout before you install it. my flywheel is exactly as you describe and when I just replaced the clutch kit the machinist that resurfaced the flywheel said it had runnout in it

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Warpage....the surface is not 100% flat as it should be....when your brake rotors and drums succum to runout, you get vibration and pulsations in the brake pedal...the same thing can happen to a flywheel.

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
I would prob have it checked for runnout before you install it. my flywheel is exactly as you describe and when I just replaced the clutch kit the machinist that resurfaced the flywheel said it had runnout in it

Meaning it had how ever many thousand miles of use and it had runout?

sassyrel

Reaction score
Warpage....the surface is not 100% flat as it should be....when your brake rotors and drums succum to runout, you get vibration and pulsations in the brake pedal...the same thing can happen to a flywheel.

can be flat,,just not in centerline of crankshaft..or should i say,,at exact 90 deg to crank centerline???