ebay aluminum radiators

Black dawg

Reaction score
Icanfixall I know ive probably asked you this but wat did the rodney red run you, it sounds like what I need. Thanks

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
My Red was around $645.00 uncluding shipping if I recall. It really is a fine radiator. I got the idea from RDLS. He was the first to try this and really posted a favorable report... So I got one and never have looked back once. I can drive around town without the fan on the waterpump and it wont heat up past 185 but... Sitting in traffic the ac will overheat because no air is flowing across the ac condenser.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
When I got my IDI from the donor, the rad was shot from hitting a deer. I picked up one from the Ebay link above and my temps never get over high 190s. But the bronco does not make enough load to even get it to heat up. And I do not run a fan at this time.

SWS

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ran across this thread while searching for something else, and since it's not too old I will put in my two cents.

I bought one of the aluminum radiators off ebay, and it works fine and fits just like factory one. It is a whole lot lighter than the original radiator.

One thing that hasn't been brought up is the coolant. If you are using the low silicate green coolant with the DCA's, you should not run a aluminum radiator or if you do decide to run a aluminum radiator or heater core, you should change your coolant to something different. The regular green anti-freeze has silicates to protect the aluminum parts in the cooling system, but of course we can't run the high silicate coolant with the DCA's because they cause sludge to build up.

I did some research before buying my aluminum radiator, and decided to start running Zerex G05 coolant. It's a hybrid that has aluminum protection in it as well as anti-cavitation properties. It's what Mercedes and some of the other manufacturers recommend for their engines. Zerex also makes a red coolant for fleet use that is even better than the G05, but it was a little too expensive for me. The G05 was around $9 a gallon from Napa, and the red fleet stuff was around $16 a gallon.

gatorman21218

Reaction score
yeah thats really why i chose to run the brass one instead of the autozone job was the silicates. I run Fleetcharge (the purple stuff you get at TSC and NAPA not the international fleetguard) because its somewhat easy to find, is precharged with SCAs and is Low silicate. I dont think that will protect aluminum though

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
my truck runs around 185(temp probe is in the factory spot in the head) crusing, and close to 200 pulling the mountain, havent pulled a load yet, so i dont know how it will act, but this is with factory radiator and thermostat