Dually picture request

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a pic of the wheel mounting flange and attaching hardware for an 80s-90s dually. I specifically want to see what is used to center the wheels on the hub and the lug nut arrangement. Did Ford use the ring under the lugs like Chevy did? I have no interest in the late model hub piloted stuff with the integral washer type lug nuts. Any help would be appreciated.
Travis..

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no interest in the late model hub piloted stuff with the integral washer type lug nuts.

That's too bad, as this is exactly how all Sterling rear axles are set up ;p So you need a non-Sterling axle, would that be the D70 from the early-mid-'80s?

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really, that's how the pre-99 stuff was too? I'll be damned. I guess I am looking for the dana stuff then. Anyone with a diagram from a service manual? I'll have to dig through my manuals when I get home, cause I can't find **** at work.
Travis..

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a pic of the wheel mounting flange and attaching hardware for an 80s-90s dually. I specifically want to see what is used to center the wheels on the hub and the lug nut arrangement. Did Ford use the ring under the lugs like Chevy did? I have no interest in the late model hub piloted stuff with the integral washer type lug nuts. Any help would be appreciated.
Travis..
travis-
they used "coined" rims before 1985.
I'll see if I have one of those rims lying around. I pitch them as much as fast as I can get rid of them.

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm familiar with the coined wheels, that's what Dodge used. I didn't know if Ford used the same stuff, makes sense though if both are Dana.
Travis..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat