dual mass flywheel/truck not starting

Jrod-13

Reaction score
Well, my springs have been gone for a long time probably close to a year. I realize it's not a good thing, but I've been putting off fixing it till after college graduation(may).

This summer I had to put starter in it(pretty sure it dropped a brush, but it was under warenty, so I didn't bother to check)

About a week ago, it seemed that every once in a while when I went to start it , the solinoid on the fender would just click, and not start, until the 2nd or 3rd try, then it fired right up. I told myself it was bushings int he pedal assembly wearing out, so I simply wasn't disengauging the clutch safety switch every time.

Well, today IT simply wouldn't start at all leaving campus.

Jumped the solonoid; Nothing, just clicked the starter

beat on the starter; Nothing, same as before

Wiggled connections; Nothing

Finaly I suspected the flywheel might have been in a bad spot, so I put it in OD, and rocked the truck back and forth. After that, the starter engauged, and the truck fired up.

On the way home, I noticed a squeaking under the truck when accelerating in 2nd and 3rd gear.

Right now its to cold dark and windy to drop the starter and inspection starter to confirm anything, so I'll be driving the mud truck tommorrow it looks like.

After reading some posts about the DMF and lucky mod, I'm fearing the worst, especialy after reading the second post down here...

http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=2841530&page=0&fpart=2&vc=1

any input?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online