Drivetrain Frustrations

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Day 5 on just trying to do preventative maintenance...ie. rear main seal. Was attempting Lucky Mod but the way things are going , am gonna hold off for time being.:confused
Not gonna let you down Mel as I found a source for junked DMF's and will be starting to modify them as I get them.:Thumbs Up
Anyway tonites problem is clutch/ slave cylinder replacement. Got the new one in after breaking the old one......DON"T ask.:confused:
Bled a pint thru the master cylinder and still cannot get enough clutch pedal travel to disengage completely.:***:
After tonite the Beast has tried my patience enough to get the sudden urge to sell.. get rid of :frustrate
Am wondering is something was screwed up on reinstalling the trans, a far shot as have done before on ga$$ers. Any thoughts?:confused:

Ron

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ron, I wondered how you were making out. Like I said, your truck just won't be happy until you mod that flywheel! :D Glad to see you got the transmission on. I hope prying didn't have something to do with needing a new slave cylinder. Anyway, bleeding them is a major PITA. Click Here
Pete also just posted a new bleeding proceedure in a recent thread over there, which you might want to try.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
Got everything back in order tonite finally:cheers: Took another 10 ounces of fluid and some help on the clutch pedal. A few more bubbles made their way out and TADA! instant fix.:rock:
As for that fix, it was all due to a moronic move of pushing the clutch pedal down without it installed on the bell housing.|stupid
$62.00 screwup. Anyway I spoke to an acquaintance yesterday that specializes in Ford diesel repairs... to expensive for me plus not as fun wrenchin' myself. He said that he has a couple of DMF's floating around at his other shop that have some life left in them and would dig them up for me. Didn't want to tell him what I was doing or he probably would then think they're made of gold and want my left arm and leg for them.:idiot:

I haven't given up on the mod as I had to get the truck back on the road for this weekend for sure and after the way things went this week I am sure something would happen when I get an hour away from the homefront. Am gonna wait till the weather gets a little warmer cause after 6 nights on the cold concrete it has paid its' toll. 9 degrees tonite. I might even get a couple of others done and could bring them to the rally if everthing goes well. Thanks for the other post got it saved for future brain:fart

Oh and yep the sawzall and 5 lb mallet did the trick!:smash:

Thanks

Ron

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very good! Glad your back in "happy mode". :)

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
Just waiting for weather to warm up for the coolant filtration mods and tstat replacement. I talked with Pete over yonder and have come up with a Napa number that just might work. The part #is 385-190. It looks exactly like the IH one inside and out.
And yes it is good to be back on the road. except Pete let some of his cold air and snow make it our way keeping things moving slow.

Ron:D :peelout

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70