Down on power.

Evilgt

Reaction score
So I have a 2003 SO 4.10s auto ram 2500 sb that seems to be a little down on power. The truck has 94k on it and I have religiously changed the oil/air filter/fuel filter/trans/diffs according to the owners manual.

Empty and around town driving is fine. This weekend I hauled a 26ft enclosed trailer with about 4k lbs of race car and stuff around on roads that I have towed the same trailer and wieght on often. No wind this weekend and the truck just didnt feel like it had the power that it usually doese or the mileage.

Dose this truck have the dreaded fuel pump that dies like my buds 2004. The truck is all stock and my simple MAC scan tool didnt show any faults.

What am I missing? Pump wearing out on me? Trans seems fine no slipping.

kyle

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
the 03's started the common rail injection so you don't have the VP44 or it's problems. But you mention that you have changed the fuel filter but has it been recently? Reason I ask is when ever mine felt like it was a little down on power typically a fuel filter change brought here back and I would actually be presently surprised at how much it brought it back when made me realize that my performance had been falling off so slowly that I hadn't noticed it...

Evilgt

Reaction score
I changed the filter roughly 5k miles ago. I have this wierd feeling that the lift pump may be taking a crap in me.

We have a snap on EOS scan tool at work. Anyone know if you can monitor fuel pressure with it and what it should be?

Its due for another oil change so I will toss anoher fuel filter at it.

kyle

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online