done the 10k mod

longhorn795

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so yesterday done the 10k mod,im pretty impressed i can feel the diffrence in power, blows a lil puff of smoke out now while changin gears, i also noticed my truck use to act like it was missing when i would rev it up now it doesn't do it anymore;Sweet
i got the ebvp on switch so jus for play i turn it on and rev it up and it rolls the smoke out for just a dollar pack of resistors im pretty impressed;Sweet

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
so its like a high idle mod?

no, this is what it is/does.....

The shack mod is the 10k mod for the obs or the 18k mod on the sd.its a resistor that you stick in the icp sensor.tricks the pcm into thinking the icp is lower than it is.upping the oil pressures to the injectors is all a psd really needs to wake it up.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fuel mileage will go up a hair about a month after doing this mod when you get done playing with the new power and turbo whistle.its not dumping more fuel.it ups the oil pressure to the injectors for better atomization of the fuel

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
Fuel mileage will go up a hair about a month after doing this mod when you get done playing with the new power and turbo whistle.its not dumping more fuel.it ups the oil pressure to the injectors for better atomization of the fuel

iirc it lets the injectors stay open longer or something like that? i also read it will kill an auto trans, true?

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anything you do will kill a tranny if you abuse it or fail to maintain it.doesn't keep the injectors open longer, the idm mod does that.

pedro_8149

7.3L Remote Turbo
Reaction score
so ive got a 97 psd what radio shack piece am i need exactly? pt #? and how do i do this? ive been tryin to figure this out where the wires are and which piece i need how and where does it go direction would be greatly appreciated, i dont wanna burn anything out if you know what i mean. thanks in advance

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That mod sure will trash the tranny if your one of those guys that "peddle to the metal" on every start from stopped, unless the tranny has the tugger mod, which helps to prolong the life, especially towing. It's a lot harder on the E4OD than it is on the 4R100 with the updates.

pedro_8149

7.3L Remote Turbo
Reaction score
Nope not one of those guys pedal to metal lol and ive got a 5 spd manual in it with a brand new clutch just gotta figuree out how this mods done lol

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Somewhere I've seen people splice it between a wire. Can't seem to find it now though.

Problem I've having, both wires on top (the eyes) have 4+ volts.
The mouth has nothing, even while running.

Which way do resistors flow?
From the gold band over, or towards the gold band?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online