dipstick tube discontinued?

NJGearhead666

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok went to ford to order a new engine dipstick tube and new trans dipstick tube. after trying to convince the kid behind the counter at the dealership i didn't have a powerstroke we get the order placed and i pay for it. he says should be a few days. Got a call the next day that ford discontinued these parts and they can't help me out. Is this true? I only ask since the parts kid just seemed lost about anything IDI

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Go to the IH dealer and get it . and if you think you might have trouble there, here's a little trick, if it's a big IH dealer that has weekend and night service on big trucks and has an after hours parts, go then. You'll generally get the better parts man ( you get the guy who services parts for their mechanics. A lot of times the guys they send out front for the walk in customers during regular hours are the less experienced parts guys )

sassyrel

Reaction score
Go to the IH dealer and get it . and if you think you might have trouble there, here's a little trick, if it's a big IH dealer that has weekend and night service on big trucks and has an after hours parts, go then. You'll generally get the better parts man ( you get the guy who services parts for their mechanics. A lot of times the guys they send out front for the walk in customers during regular hours are the less experienced parts guys )

true,dat!!!!!

idipwr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might be able to get the engine dipstick tube at IH, but im pretty sure the trans tube will be ford only. Ive never been able to get a ford truck specific part at IH.

sassyrel

Reaction score
You might be able to get the engine dipstick tube at IH, but im pretty sure the trans tube will be ford only. Ive never been able to get a ford truck specific part at IH.

true dat also--and like you said--even the engine oil dipstick tube i believe is Ford specific--

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
You can get the ford specific engine tubes ordered from IH with a ford VIN in hand, the tranny dipstick tube however youd be on your own though because IH doesnt make the thing.

tenlug

Reaction score
Call Green Ford Sales, they have NOS stuff. They are helpful, last time I called them they didn't have what I needed but wre able to search Fords parts inventory and found what I neede in NY. Steve

Butcherman

Reaction score
Does anybody have a part number for it? If so, I might be able to have it checked for availability.

pt_Ranger_v8

Reaction score
another option is to checkout www.silverstatefordparts.com in nevada has a nifty habit of getting ahold of parts when other dealers don't want to fool with them

That's where O gpt my dipstick tube.

Another way to find part numbers is to use fordparts.com to get the actual part number, then paste that into silverstatefordparts.com

Plus, ford parts online has a better diagram, so you can actually see what you're getting.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tousley Ford, or call Parts Direct there 661-484-8888 ask for Mike Megan tell him your a TDS member, good discounts. He will do his best to get the parts. They have 3 hugh parts warehouses.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online