Difference between turbo question.

zpd307

Reaction score
i thought and thought and thought about this when turbo shopping. in my mind, i would rather have a wastegate. but i would run whater i had or could find cheap. i luckily found a cheap used factory turbo off of a 94.....

safd1919

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i understand that.... cost is king... but what im doing is looking for the way to go since my project is from the ground up.... its not a cost thing since i want a new truck but dont want a the new truck price i have 3500 in the chassie and body so that leaves me 6500 to build my motor.....

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i understand that.... cost is king... but what im doing is looking for the way to go since my project is from the ground up.... its not a cost thing since i want a new truck but dont want a the new truck price i have 3500 in the chassie and body so that leaves me 6500 to build my motor.....

i would suggest if u have the money to seriously consider getting lower comp pistons and just get a used powerstoke turbo that would be the best way to go and throw some turbo motor rods in it because u can only put so much boost into a high comp motor with out breaking stuff and it would save you money and time/headakes down the road;Sweet

zpd307

Reaction score
the powerstroke turbo will be in its efficiency range when lowering the comp to get more boost.

Fozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you do lower the compression (so you can run higher boost), starting the engine cold might be a biotch!

Manwiththevan

Reaction score
Read the FAQ section, cashnzuk put the icing on the info cake. Seems like the one I have will be what I want because in my mind, I need it on the freeway towing, and pulling Cali grades, more then out of the hole quick power.

What kind of mileage are you getting? Are you running 33's? BTW I am installing an intercooler on my van soon, I'll make a thread about it when i am done.

DragRag

Reaction score
The van gets about 16mpg plus or minus depending on how you drive. Post after your done with the intercooler, I am curious how it works, and where it will go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Members online