Diesel rated fuel line

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think any parts store in this town can tell me whether or not their fuel line is diesel rated or not. Every time I ask them, I get a look of confusion, then a "you bet it is".

Well, I am not so sur. I see an sae 30r7 on the line they sold me. I have searched but not found very much info on this rating system they have. So, here I am hoping someone here can tell me what I am looking for.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I also checked McMaster Carr and their 30r7 hose is diesel rated. Glad I know I have the right stuff.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha...is this fuel hose in this thread OK to use for a Pick up extension to remove the shower head?

I removed the mid tank pu and noticed other than a full tank, that shower head was gone! I'd love to get a piece of fuel line and do the mod...once and for all LOL

????

Al

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
30R7 is what you want Al. We need to remember this about most hose material under the hoods of any car or truck. The material on the outside is generally different from the material on the inside. A classic example is the radiater hoses. They are designed to have coolant on the inside and work very well with that. Add some ening oil to the coolant and they turn soft and rupture because they can't handle the petroleum in the hose. Viton is the same inside as it is outside but thats about what I know bout hose material. Some hose material works very well with fuels going thru it but submerge it in fuel and it slowly softens and fails. Pick your hose carefully and ask questions. If the goober behind the counter can't answer your questions ask other places like here. We have thousands of viewers who have much to add. More so than the guy behind the counter. He or she is just one answer. I have searched for about 2 months for information on reassembly of a 1977 Husqvarna 125 6 speed engine. Can't find anything. Asked in the lounge and presto. I have what I needed. Ask many for help and get said help. Ask one for help and you get what that one has to offer. I get many pm requests for help. I try my best to help but if I'm not feeling like I have the best to offer I suggest coming back to this forum. There are so many members here with more knowledge than I.

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
Biodiesel resistance was what I needed as the 30r7 I was using was getting eaten up. The cheapest stuff I've found in an actual store is the Gates Barricade Greenshield fuel injection hose at O'reilly. It is designed for diesel and bio-diesel. It was less than $2/ft, compared to $7 for 30r9 (which is rated for bio and fuel injection use). If all you run is pure pump diesel, you can get by with 30r7 for a while. But for a few cents more per foot I recommend the Barricade, you can feel the difference when you hold it, much sturdier, especially for those problem sections like the hard line-to-lift pump piece that is under constant vibration.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Go to the local truck place (like fleetpride) you can buy it there in any size you want. they even sell the correct compression fitting so you don't have to run any rubber hose. IH used it in the 70's and 80's and most of the scouts I've had (35+ years old) still had all the factory lines. I did it on my '91. the factory lines (half them... *** ford?? cookoo) are nylon like air brake line and steel. the air brake line is thicker and more flexible, won't kink easy.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also keep in mind (if needed) submersible fuel hose is different then the rest > and it ain't cheap!
Found this out when extending my busted intank shower-heads.

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
Go to the local truck place (like fleetpride) you can buy it there in any size you want. they even sell the correct compression fitting so you don't have to run any rubber hose. IH used it in the 70's and 80's and most of the scouts I've had (35+ years old) still had all the factory lines. I did it on my '91. the factory lines (half them... *** ford?? cookoo) are nylon like air brake line and steel. the air brake line is thicker and more flexible, won't kink easy.

Any idea if that stuff is biodiesel safe?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Teflon hose is bio rated.
I found some braided SS outer/Teflon inside that I wanna get when I redo the lines on my psd.

I would run bio now, but no where close has any.

When I fixed my pickups, I had to use what was quickest. But I'll be putting some new shower heads in (that are proven diesel rated), but may change my tanks around.

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk