diesel fuel injector cleaners

pjracer

Reaction score
Need to know the names of diesel fuel additives that are best at cleaning injectors and maintaining clean cylinders and injectors. Please give me the names if you can and the retailers that carry them.

Ggg

Reaction score
170k and never added a drop of stuff to clean the inj. I think they are snake oils.

NemoRat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use Stanadyne or Howes.

I get Stanadyne at my local IH dealer, and I get Howes at the truck stop.

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
I've used Stanadyne, both the white and grey bottle of Power Service and Longer Diesel Life. Have a bottle of the grey Power Service I'm using now. I'd use the LDL all the time except it's a pain to get it and measure out the 6oz needed per tank full.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Stanadyne here:D
It really is nesc now days to add some sort of lubricity due to the low sulfur fuels required by epa in the late '80s.

I'm a former IDI owner- 2 that went over 300k ruuning 700+ mi a week.

The additive really helped the nozzles and kept the close tolerances of the inj pumps running smooth.
One of the most popular threads in the IDI section {besidesGP's} was smoking, loss of giddy up and go etc.......
a good ennema of Stanadyne, Powr scv, Diesel Kleen etc.......
and even Sea Foam....fill up a new fuel filter with the ****** of your choice---no diesel--- double dose the tanks----------drive your problems away!

Not sure about these HEUI PSD injectors but the close tolerances required for proper atomization I'm sure are the same.

J Walz

Reaction score
I use fppf polar power in WI we need the anti-gel. It also has inj cleaner,lubericity,and alot of other things.used it for about 10 years have had good luck with it. I have a friend that is a diesel mech. he said not to use the power service has seen alot of bad things with it. Just my .02$

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
jlayne said:
....drive it like you stole it!!!

I did....oooops did I just say that out loud LOL

I use Power Service (Diesel Kleen) White bottle every other fill up and notice an improvement.

John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online