Diagnostic codes

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
Hey guys...

Is there a trick you can do with the keys and turning the ignition on and off while holding your left ear and placing your toe in the cigarette lighter?

I don't have a code reader but my SES light is on ... in my old truck I used to set it off all the time with overboost until I got a boost fooler....

I have a boost fooler on this new truck and it doesn't go on and off like it did on the 99... When I trip the SES light on the new truck it stays on for 10 or 15 ignition cycles...

I was just looking for a way to find what is tripping the light with buying a code reader.

TIA

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
That's not what I wanted to hear. :D

Dang it! ... I'm not real nervous about it throwing the code... just curious to what it is... It seems like both times I set it off was with this new chip.... flooring it up to about 70mph.... It used to be on the 99 that it would go out after 5 minutes...

colotow

I refuse to grow up
Reaction score
if you know anyone using a plug in programmer, they vin lock to 1 veh but it will function as a code scanner for any ford, and the programmer can clear old codes, and will give some very basic explanations of the code meanings.

or, try any local highschool or college autoshops, they should have a scanner of some type.