Develop a knock

rustygold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah probably right. I'm just flipping out little to much, been to long since I drove her that I think I have forgotten what a diesel sounds like. Because hear a 6.0 powerstroke sound the same way as mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the stage ones in my truck, I had bb codes before them and I noticed a slight gain in power with turbo, what i liked best was how smooth it ran after a new set of injectors.

rustygold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have aways had a weird miss at idle. Does fine when driving or not in gear.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta say I haven't been all that impressed with Delphi injectors in the past. Had a brand new set that lasted about 10k miles. Had them pop tested and 4 were bad leakers. The other 4 were all over the board and the spray pattern sucked.
Ended up buying a set of new D code stanadyne injectors from typ4 and wow what a difference. That company knows how to make em right!

rustygold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well cut the filter open it has some small amount of bearing looking material. Then I found grayesh rocks probably .10 to .15 of a carat size thing it's pistion found 2 to 3 of them in there.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well cut the filter open it has some small amount of bearing looking material. Then I found grayesh rocks probably .10 to .15 of a carat size thing it's pistion found 2 to 3 of them in there.

If you found that in your oil filter, time to tear it down. That engine is on borrowed time. See if you can post some pics as well.
Like you previously thought, when you changed out the injector and it still made a knock, that rules out the possibility of it being an injector problem if it was a "good" injector you swapped.

rustygold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only got to play with my new turbo for a few months. But it'd better than a hole in the block.

Found force air induction Derek you later that calculate compression ratio from static and pressure. A start turbo set up an idi is 32 to 1 when boosted. So I could of beat a bad bearing closer to falling apart when I put the turbo on. Or since I found pistion parts could have wrist in walk.