Custom Jumper Cables Delux

LostSoul

Reaction score
Nice I have a good set of cables that I plan on using the same set up that many of the tow trucks use so I can go from the front or rear. Then I can power the winch on the trailer and jump start the vehicle in front or behind me or even one on my trailer if needed. I did this in my off road truck because some of our trails are so tight that you cannot turn around to boost a dead truck behind you.

Whit

Reaction score
the ground goes to the frame and the positive is coupled up where my 2 batteries join, I soldered in good lugs the shrink tubed em

nevrknow

Reaction score
I would love to have a setup like that, but I'm electricaly ignorant. what size wire did you use? And where did you get them and what type of plugs did you use?

Whit

Reaction score
its welding lead, got it after a big job shut down, the connectors are welding connectors too.........you can get all this stuff at the welding store if ya wanna

sassyrel

Reaction score
what kev used--is also called pin and sleeve connectors-------at the truck point--you can also use the dual lug connectors they use on battery forklifts,where the battery hooks up, as these cant be connected wrong--as in some spastic using your cables that dont put the lugs in the proper oreintation:rolleyes::rolleyes: