Crash!

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went off his comment on 6 years old (2007 - 6 = 2001). Yep, I agree, '99 is 4500 tops.

Yep almost did the same thing myself & the caught an earlier post when I was looking at pics to determine options etc.. where he said it was a '99

OK, so I'd like some opionions on how much $$ you guys think this truck is worth... Forget book value.

Sorry Mel but you can't "forget book value" because that is what the adjuster is going to base value on. Which is what I did to the best of my ability with limited information.....The book values are for my area so may be different for yours.

Best thing you can do is arm yourself with recent photos, receipts for addons and repairs and knowlede of the actual Kelly Blue Book value for that truck in your area. Here's their site, www.kbb.com Hope this helps.

20 years ago when my Jeep was stolen and totaled I went round and round over my custom wheels and tires. Because they were not factory originals and I still had the originals to swap out I won and was able to keep the wheels and other add on parts without losing any money on the settlement because they were not going to pay me on that stuff from the beginning.

I wish you all the best and hope you're not too sore.

Mike

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
I hate to be the grim reaper here, but I just hauled 2 '99 rangers out of Pennsylvania Auto Dealer's Exchange (PADE) last week. Both had 91-98000 miles on them & were pretty close to what I see in the pics. Maybe a little rougher than yours. I get the sales slips so I can remove them from the auction property. The price paid is on the slips. One was bought for 1900 & the other was 2100.00. Now, that is wholesale price & mechanical condition is unknown at the time of the sale. These vehicles run in the as-is lane which does have an effect on the price.

The bad news is Ins. companies tend to pay total losses out based on what the vehicles do at auction.

The good news is this time of year, prices are up somewhat at auctions across the country.

Hope your feeling OK & wish you the best of luck with it.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
good luck with the insurance.
when I totaled the 2000, they paid less than what was owed, didnt allow for any aftermarket goodies, not even the hitches etc, or the personal stuff that was lost (stolen by the tow guy).
only thing that worked out was I bought it back and got my goodies off of it.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the other party's ins co and was she at fault. I have had to fight with my own ins co to get fair numbers and they are one of the good ones. The worst I ever dealt with was allstate, .the ins co doesn't like to give up any money that is why they have it all.:backoff

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, well I went to the doctors and the lawyers this morning, so I think I've said about all I can say in a public forum. Thanks for your words of encouragement and support. The Ranger was hauled off to the scrapper last night, so I said my sad farewell to what had been a very good truck. I'll miss it for sure. I did spot a 6.9 diesel repository in the form of a 95' Bronco that I'm going to look at tomorrow. More on that later. :angel:

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Ranger was hauled off to the scrapper last night, so I said my sad farewell to what had been a very good truck. I'll miss it for sure.

Damn, that was quick:cry: -Down

I'll miss it for sure. I did spot a 6.9 diesel repository in the form of a 95' Bronco that I'm going to look at tomorrow. More on that later. :angel:

Damn....you didn't even let her ashes cool off before you started shopping around:flush

G'luck Mel, give a shout out if you need some moral fiber............errr support:D