Crash Update

LUCKY_LARUE60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last friday I get a phone call from the bodyshop that did one of my estimates and also the higest priced one ($5374) and said that my claim had been approved. HHHHHmmmmm, so I call the insurance co and they said according to the police report that I was clearly not at fault and that yes my claim had been approved for what the independent adjuster had done, they sent out one of their adjusters (Frontier Adjusters) he had est it at $5172. Great but then I said something about being able to get it done at a cheaper place and they told me that they didn't care where I was going to get it fixed. They were sending me a check for $5172 and I could take it anywhere I want to have the work done. So a friend and I are going to do the repairs and he thinks we can do all of it for around $1500 to $2000. I have been pricing parts and so far around $700 and I have not found everything I need. I get to keep my truck after all, so it looks like I will be makeing out pretty good after all. I guess they are just settleing the claim and that will be it. They said they would be sending out the check last friday so I should be getting it this week and I can start putting my truck back together................. Jim

You must be registered for see images

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
cool, sounds like that will work out for ya! I can see this thread taking a slight turn tho...:D

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's awesome news Jim!!! :Thumbs Up I'm glad it worked out after all! You still got work to do that you weren't planning on but maybe you'll be able to do some extra stuff too!

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
WTG Jim. Yep Most ins. companies don't care what you do to your truck, as long as you're happy with the amount, you can do whatever you want. :thumbsup: GETRDONE :peelout

Attachments

• floor_jack.gif
    floor_jack.gif
    7.5 KB · Views: 128

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Jim,

You should take the money then fix your truck, then be a good boy and return the unused money back to the insurance company - that is what I would do.

LOL :rotflmao

Yeah right... I would be spending that money on a TURBO or something like that.

Yep I agree party at Jim's...

I'm glad to hear they are getting it fixed for ya. That is cool.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
JIM! That's much better news than the autolite you've been posting. Glad to hear things are starting to swing your way again.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Hey Jim do you hear that ????? it's kind of hard to hear, but listen close........ shweeeeeeeeeeeeeellll. huh?? kind of a high pitched whistle sound..... that's not a turbo is it???? Nah couldn't be.. :)

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
don't forget the pane.......and put a purge valve on there.....Be like the kiddies with their NOS systems.....except Pane has a funny side effect......Sniff Sniff........

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who knew that getting your truck wrecked could be so much fun for us......LOL