Craigslist truck

Reaction score
Pretty neat truck...

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/2040202084.html

1994 f350 4x4 recovery wrecker crew cab - $6000 (eugene)
Date: 2010-11-03, 9:37AM PDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

I have a 94 ford f350 crew cab 4x4 wrecker it has single line winch on the boom and it has an 8k winch on the front wheel lift and dollies awesome truck needs minor work like the master brake cylinder and tie rods I have all the front suspension parts for it new just not installed 7.3 turbo idi diesel and 5 speed trans this truck will do all your on and off road recoveries

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
too bad it's a single line truck. if it was running a twin line out the back, that would have been a real recovery truck.
anybody who is serious about the truck needs to have someone who knows towtrucks check out how the bed is mounted on the frame. if the frame is commercial, it would not be a problem. if the frame is a pickup frame, some very unorthodox fabwork has taken place.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I would say it is just a SRW truck someone put a dually axle in or put dually adapters on and a wrecker body

Reaction score
I called, not that i am in any position to buy/want/need it. Anyway he said yes you do have to do some "unorthodox fabwork". I he said he had a wrecker that the cab burned, so he had the SRW CC that had a service box. He said he cut the frames and added them together. He volunteered the info and said he has done it many times and that trucks don't "come from the factory" set up for this.

My experience, is that in '94 I special ordered and sold a 3500 cab and chassis to the local tow company. It was so long ago, but I remember asking the guy I sold the truck to, and he said you just unbolt from one and stick it on the other. Not leading mne to believe there was "unorthodox fabwork" done to the new truck.