Cooling Hot Seats?

boatelectronicguy

Reaction score
'06 Ram with leather heated seats. I live in Florida (read hot as fire except for the week of winter). I hate the HOT seats. Even after a few minutes of driving when the cab has cooled down, the seat is still fire hot because there is nowhere for the heat to go except into my back and butt.

I am looking for suggestions. I have searched for aftermarket thermoelectric seat coolers and have found none. I know it is possible as they are available on many models as oem equipment. The same thermoelectric cells that heat the seats also cool just by reversing the polarity-switching the negative and positive power cables.

So here is my question: has any tried or thought about trying reversing the polarity to the seat heating elements to make them cool the seat instead? Or are the heating elements in these seats simple resistance heaters rather than peltier effect cells? Or does anyone know of an aftermarket seat cooling system? (not that seat fan thing) Thanks

Last edited:

tknomaj

Reaction score
could take the heating and cooling units out of blackwood seats but would require losts of work need air passages in seats foam and perforated or cloth covers

boatelectronicguy

Reaction score
Yes, I have thought about trying to find some seats out of another vehicle with cooling built in, but then you have to deal with trying to retro fit them to the vehicle and I really don't want to give up the current dual console setup. I even tried to get the dealer to swap me for some cloth seats when I bought the truck but no dice.

I was hoping to find someone that has tackled the problem and could give some insight into a relatively simple solution. I see Rams all over the state so I know I can't be the only one suffering from this problem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7