Coolant Filter

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Who out there has installed a coolant filter on a 6.0? Trav and I were planning on installing one when we replace the water pump. If you have installed one, which coolant line(s) did you install the filter in? Trav has installed them before and used them in the heater hoses? He thought he saw one (a kit style) that is installed in the small line from the Degas bottle to the valley area near the turbo. Where do you recommend plumbing in the lines, and where do you recommend physically installing the filter and filterhead since there is so much room under the hood :rotflmao We have been looking at underneath behind the bumper on the framerail........

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Nick, Would you suggest getting the kit then? I was thinking of getting a filter head from NAPA and piecing one together, like alot of guys did on the IDI's. On a 6.0 is the kit an easier/better route to go?

indian347

Reaction score
Heater hose

Hell i don't see a heater hose,,, are you sure theres one in there. .I've had the filter about4 months and am scared to get in there and i used to work on Cats. Ican;t see nothing in there !!!!! Jim:dunno

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online