Coolant Filter Brackets for sale...

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
This is what I had my father make me at his work. Its a stainless bracket that bolts on with pre-existing bolts for the fuel filter. It goes under the side bracket, and under the fuel line fitting. It's 1/16" thick, and puts the filter right over that vacuum module, so that will have to be re-located off to the side. I did it on mine and it was very easy.

You must be registered for see images attach

And yes I did install the filter against what everyone said, and the directions, but it needed to be done ASAP, valves and T's will be installed at a later time. I am going to ask my dad how much this part cost to make, but I would like to know first if anyone is interested in buying them. It would be packaged up nice and shipped out from his work more likely than not. I will have shipping quotes and price if anyone is interested in buying any.

He did give me a rough estimate of cost in material, about $30 bucks. If that's true, the cost would probably be around $50 including shipping.

tknomaj

Reaction score
I think he is talking about vacuum canister for vacuum supply to a/c vents and other acces.

tractorman86

Reaction score
that looks pretty good there andy, wont 1/16" be a little thin? i guess i just always go a little overboard when i make stuff though

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you have to move the vacuum pump?

I think he is talking about vacuum canister for vacuum supply to a/c vents and other acces.

Actually, neither - tis the low-vacuum switch that gets in the way, but that can be relocated to about anywhere in that area. Mine is long gone, darn thing never worked to begin with.

that looks pretty good there andy, wont 1/16" be a little thin? i guess i just always go a little overboard when i make stuff though
I used 1/4" aluminum strip for mounting my auxiliary fuel filter, but then again it's just flat and not L-shaped like his is. That filter does vibrate a bit at idle, but once past 1000 rpms it's all good.

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
Actually, neither - tis the low-vacuum switch that gets in the way, but that can be relocated to about anywhere in that area. Mine is long gone, darn thing never worked to begin with.

Thats the one.

I thought this too, but its actually very strong. It only sways from left to right if you push it, I was surprized how it holds up. Plus it has to be 1/16" to go behind the fuel flare nut going into the filter.

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
You can see the vaccum thingy in the last pic, all the way to the left next to the 2 red wire nuts.

My dad's going to find out the price in the today or in the next couple of days, he's very busy.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plus it has to be 1/16" to go behind the fuel flare nut going into the filter.
Oh yah, forgot about that - I got a straight barb fitting on that side of the filter head now, so I got all the clearance I need, but with factory fuel line in place things do indeed tend to fit pretty tight.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Personally, I'd be concerned about it being that thin. You've got a lot of vibration going on in there and that filter isn't light when full. It's pretty close to the size of the factory fuel filtr and look at how stout they made that bracket setup :dunno

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
This moves with the engine like normal. No its not as strong as the fuel filter bracket is, but this does hold its own. Later ill take a video with the engine running and post it so you guys can take a look.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Andy, one thing to be worried about, I think, would be fatigue - the bracket my be fine now, but as you put hours of engine run time on it the vibrations may cause it to develop some cracks, particularly around the bolt hose for the fuel filter. I actually had this happen to my front bed wall, I had my spare wheel bolted to it and road vibrations and the large weight of the wheel cause the sheetmetal to crack all over around the holes I had drilled for the bolts - there is now a nice reinforcement bracket inserted in my tailgate to prevent that, could have done it to the front bed wall if I 'd thought about it and it'd have been just fine for years to come...

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
That is true and could probably happen, but this is aircraft stainless, not regular mild steel. That is the reason why I am confident that this is forever lasting item.

Heres the vids...

Ok, I know that i dont have a very steady hand, but as you can probably make out, It moves a lot upon startup. But anything would that is a bracket bolted to a bracket bolted to the engine. Upon further acceleration, it gets smooth right away, and only improves with more throttle.

Idle is where the only shaking occurs, I think i got a good enough vid to show that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svttim

Members online