Cold Start???????

dbarilow

over worked
Reaction score
Well its 6:30 am 32 deg and I parked my truck nowhere near a plug.... lets hope all the wisdom of the oilburners will get me through........I'll let you know how it goes

ajd257

Reaction score
She should crank right up, mine isnt plugged in and it better start. 32 is not bad, 0 is kinda bad if not plugged in. Believe me :D

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
in the 3 years that i have owned mine it has never been plugged in.as a matter of fact mine doesnt have a block heater.the shop that replaced the engine before i bought it must have forgot to installthe heater.im too lazy to drain it and install one.it will start all the way down into the 10s and below with a few glow plug cycles.

dbarilow

over worked
Reaction score
well she fired right up no problems for the sake of argument I wanted to see how many cycles of the plugs she needed to fire so waited for the light to go out (8 seconds) and cranked about 2 revolutions ans vroom she took off chalk one up for the good guys!!!!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dbarilow said:
they are all new but I have 1 disconected the top half of the plug broke off

That would account for the 8 seconds. That may not be long enough when it gets colder.

dbarilow

over worked
Reaction score
the wire is hanging free the hex is gone it is a champion plug so I wasnt going to leave it connected

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If pulling and replacing the plug is not an option, you may have to temporarily hook up an equivelent electrical load to fool the GPC into working right. A high intensity light bulb of some kind may do the trick.

budtoh3zo

Reaction score
I have ran with 7 glow plugs last winter no problems, just runs on 7 till the 8th warms up enough, It would start at -40*F without being pluged it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online