codes

kcyard

Reaction score
my o1 is running very rough and i was wondering if anyone could thell me waht the codes i pulled mean the first one is 1693 the second one is 1688 and the third one is 253

Whit

Reaction score
1693 is a companion code and comes up every time ya sneeze......it basically means a fault has been detected in the ECM

1688 is fuel injection pump controller failure

253 is fuel injection pump fuel valve open circuit

this aint good man.........I would get the codes cleared and see if they come back

is the truck running good???? sometimes they do on a deal like this but it sounds as if yer IP days are numbered

kcyard

Reaction score
neat it ran lastnight great then didnt want to start this morning its getting fuel to the injectors and it ran really rough for a while i unhooked the batteries and let it sit now it just cranks ill start looking for a ip

Whit

Reaction score
not only will you need an IP but you should upgrade yer lift pump to insure the cooling and lubricating of the IP is addiquite..................20% of the fuel goes to the injectors and 80@ cools and lubricates then back to the tank

Whit

Reaction score
not only will you need an IP but you should upgrade yer lift pump to insure the cooling and lubricating of the IP is addiquite..................20% of the fuel goes to the injectors and 80% cools and lubricates then back to the tank