clutch

remington88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have to put a new clutch in the ol gal its slippin mighty awful. the dmf is also starting to make some noise. i was wondering does it eventually fall apart or just make noise. i really dont have to money to change over to a smf. so i was hopein to just get away with using the one thats on there and just deal with the noise.

cm1hedge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it is making noise, you are on borrowed time. I just did mine and the DMF was SHOT. One broken spring, all of the springs wore into the flywheel. SMF all the way;Sweet. DMF might be the cause of the slip, not the clutch.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could do the Lucky Mod, which would save you a bunch of dough. Several folks on here are running them successfully. I was considering it and then got a really good deal on a SMF. Do a search and see what's involved.

remington88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would like to do a smf swap. any one know where to get the parts cheaper then napa. they quoted me around a grand. just for parts

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run a Lucky Modded clutch. You can do the Lucky Mod and piece together an Auto Zone Clutch for under $200. You only get an 11" clutch, no resurface on the flywheel, and less springs in the center of the clutch disc than a true 12" SMF kit make it rattle a bit more. But it's cheap. Mine works great so far................we'll see how it fairs after I put some miles on it towing my 5er.

DragRag

Reaction score
i would like to do a smf swap. any one know where to get the parts cheaper then napa. they quoted me around a grand. just for parts

OK, here is the deal I can get you. I have a friend on the inside at Autozone. I will coordinate a deal there for anyone who wants my help on this, but I have limited time. So, if you want the stuff, pm me and leave your name and number, and I will call you when I am not on the job, on the road, doing payroll, or holding someones hand. Not that I need to hold every ones hand, but lets face it some do.

The deal is a 12" clutch set up, I believe by Luk. It includes NEW single mass flywheel, pressure plate, clutch disc, throw out bearing, pilot bearing, pilot bearing lube, and alignment tool. This is a complete new, not rebuilt clutch set up with single mass flywheel. I can get the complete set up for $385 plus tax, and shipping if you want it shipped. You can do a credit card direct over the phone and get it shipped. Or, something along those lines. I have spoken to my commercial rep there at the store, and he said he would do this. That is the best deal I can get you for a single mass, that will not give problems. The good thing, is these clutch set ups come with a lifetime warranty from autozone, that's pretty good! I make nothing on this btw.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
smf cost me 550 at advanced part number 19891
its the (im)perfection brand but who cares
i looked up 93 but itll match for 4 speed or 5 speed no issues and its clutch and flywheel

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I have what appears to be a good DMF flywheel and new clutch, pressure plate and throwout bearing. I have yet to have the flywheel resurfaced, but would take $100 for the works plus shipping. I'm in southeast Ohio. The plan was to have it surfaced and put it on Ebay, I believe it was $45 to have it surfaced. I have it apart and can send/post pictures of the springs if it's something you or someone else is interested in. Be happy to have it surfaced at the shop I used to work at as well for $145.00 plus shipping.

I'm sure someone can use it. It came out of a low mileage truck (88,000 IRC) and I bought the ZF5.

PM me if you are interested.

DragRag

Reaction score
Here is my guys direct line for $385 plus tax and ship deal mentioned in my first post 831-636-0772. Ask for Henry, tell him Everett sent you for sure or no deal.

Monday though Friday only! 8am to 5pm, Henry only!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online