Clutch went out?

pwjackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok my clutch went and it went with no warning. I am thinking its the linkage, anyone have any thoughts.

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well get underneath there and take a look, did it quit goin down the road, did it make a certain noise when it quit? A little more of a description as to what happened would help us help you.

-Jordan-

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The above questions need to be answered before we can help you determine whats going on with your clutch.... If the peddle just fell to the floor then your linkage has fallen off... If its been slidding more and more as you drive the rig then maybe its worn out or needs some adjustment... So please help by answering these questions.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
Going off the truck in your sig, you have hydraulic linkage. Either the master failed, the slave failed, or your hose burst. You need to cough up some more info or crawl under there and look around.

bigblue85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
happened to me pedal just went to floor and couldnt disengauge and it was slave. master and line and clutch fork could all take part in failing too. but clutchwould slip a while before it fully went out. unless it was being ***** and just broke or fell apart/cracked or whatnot

pwjackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I did some checking and the master had very little fluid in it. Could not see where it was leaking out.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The slave cylinder or hose has likely failed and you are losing fluid there. What did you see when looking under the truck at these parts?

Heath

pwjackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't really get under there, the truck is at my friends shop. He looked and could not see a noticable leak. He should get it up on the rack today and have a better veiw of whats going on.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup, you gotta have a good look at that hydraulic clutch system. Something has failed.

Heath

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Members online