Clutch pedal

S-west

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I replaced everything from the slave cylinder to the clutch pedal linkage except for the the hydrolic line and my pedal still won't disengage the clutch enough to get it in gear and the pedal still won't come up more than an inch from the floor. The hydrolic line doesn't stretch at all when I push the clutch in but could that still be it? Also my firewall does move slightly but that can't be the problem can it? I need help! This truck has been of the road for over a week now because of this and I really need it to be fixed soon.

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
How did you bleed the system? There's a very specific way to do it, and if you do it any other way, you usually don't get good results.

S-west

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bled it through the bleeder on the slave. But I had everything filled with fluid before I put it together and bleed it.

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't have specific experience with the older clutch systems, and mine didn't have a bleeder. But Hydraulic lines can fail, and when they fail internally they collapse, not allowing fluid through. I know on my system it took an unholy amount of pumping the pedal to work all the air out of it. I think it didn't feel right for three weeks. But I was able to get enough pressure to drive it carefully for those three weeks. If your firewall is cracked it is most certainly a problem. Other threads on that issue will help you.

S-west

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My firewall is not cracked but it flexes from the pressure. And I guess I'll buy a new line

S-west

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the pushrod on when the clutch was all the way out it should be set the right leangth if I make it any longer i would have to compress the master to get it on the pin.

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
if the pushrod was fully engaged into the master, then yes, if it wasn't fully bottomed out, then you'll still have play in it
I'd double check it myself, especially if you're sure all air is gone, a pair of 4" vise grips works perfect for the job with it hooked up and in place
1/4" of play in the pushrod makes for a lot of pedal travel

S-west

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I adjusted the pushrod because there was slight play. And it helped slightly but it only comes up about 1/4 higher.

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
i like your narrating grunts.. seems like theres a bing somewhere or the thing is very dry and needs more fluid and bleeding

S-west

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A bing somewhere? And ya it's starting to get progressively better but it still sits an inch lower than the brake pedal

S-west

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh ok. Thanks for all the help guys I guess I just wasn't being patient enough because It is fine now. Just had a lot of air left in it and was very slow to work its way out.

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Good to hear you got it all worked out. Im always worried about having a hydraulic issue on the road and having to fight with it for hours/days to get it working again LOL Has not happened to me yet, but im sure it will!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online