Clutch Interlock Switch... NO orientation clip

Midwest_Mudder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, so i want to get my cruise up and running, and am a little afraid that there are some ********* who think they need to move/start my truck that are just dumb enough to have it in gear and not press in the clutch. Well, i went and climbed under my dash and had a look around. I found my interlock switch hanging, zip tied to a bracket, with a small dowel holding it in the "engaged" position. so i take out the dowell and hell, looky here, it wont start. Put the dowel back in and boom, starts back up. so my switch is good. Then i find my issue, there is NO clip for the switch to lock into. nothing, nodda, zip, zilch. Just a smooth master cylinder. Thinking id be smart i dug around online and the clip isnt sold anywhere by itself online and all the master cylinders i find online are smooth. is there an update, or am i just missing where this part is found?

its the part thats in the picture i uploaded for reference

Attachments

• 84927092l.gif
    84927092l.gif
    38.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
which clip are you referring to I can get the parts used .....if I don't get em I can getem...I don't use interlock not no way no how....Might run a switch to it though...kinda poormans anti theft...*****

Midwest_Mudder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol, its the "orientation clip" in the picture. sits under the master cylinder and is what the switch hooks onto.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll see what I can pull outta my rigs floating around here...K Think thereis one out in the red headed stepchild diesel supercab

Midwest_Mudder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol love the name of that one. i just went and tried to find one online. havent came up with NOTHIN. i just dont understand. you'd think theyd either come with the switch, or with the master. just disappointed that i cant get my cruise workin

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
I disconnected that silly thing since the truck was new, used it for a dead man switch.

I never step on my clutch to start the truck. But no one else drives my truck.

WhiteMystery93

Coal Factory
Reaction score
i looked under mine to see if i had one, but my truck was swapped from Auto to ZF-5 by previous owner and let's just say some of it is a little.... custom -cuss

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I disconnected that silly thing since the truck was new, used it for a dead man switch.

I never step on my clutch to start the truck. But no one else drives my truck.

LIKEWISE.

Route the wires through a concealed switch and protect the secrecy of it's location to the grave.

Thus, nobody else will be able to start the truck.

When someone else asks why it won't start, play all dumb :dunno and act all concerned.

Then, when they cannot possibly see, flip ON the secret switch and play it off as a loose connection that gives occasional fits.

Nobody wants to drive a vehicle that is plagued with intermittent no-start problems, so the problem drivers soon find other means of conveyance.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Checked...got one....PM me if you need it...probably more to ship than u to find one locally...but redheaded stepchild supercab has one on the MC shaft intact!