Cleaned up the truck the other day

FordGuy100

Reaction score
And I must say, it really nice to have a clean truck. I hadnt washed my truck in like 4 months, and it was looking a little dull (from all the dirt). Anyways, I washed and waxed the sucker. I need to pull the wheels off and polish them up, they are starting to oxidize a little bit. Other than that I need to fix some chips in the paint, and polish up all the metal on it.

I have a flag in the back because I was looking to see what it would look like back there, I'm thinking about rigging up a mount to attach a flag back there ;Sweet.

You must be registered for see images attach

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be extra careful of how you fasten that flag down. If you are driving down the road and it breaks apart in some sort of way. You could have some liability if it causes an accident or damage to another persons vehicle.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thats a great looking truck. Keep it clean as a favor to the truck. Others will like it too going down the road.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Be extra careful of how you fasten that flag down. If you are driving down the road and it breaks apart in some sort of way. You could have some liability if it causes an accident or damage to another persons vehicle.

Well thats our house flag, and I'm thinking its just a little to big. But yes, I will be careful with it. You guys suppose they make flags that are capable of withstanding 60+mph winds? I guess I'll have to look around.

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What size tires are you running? They look fatter then the ones i have on my truck. Im running the same tires 235/85 r16, are those the 265/75?

fsr7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always put a flag on my truck on for 7.4 and 9.11 - They are just cheap wal-mart flags. I use a 2x4 as the flag stand - you can bolt them in real solid and they dont flex/break. The flag always gets rough on the back edge after a couple weeks, but I drive 80 regularly with them- can't really expect them to hold up too that.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I always put a flag on my truck on for 7.4 and 9.11 - They are just cheap wal-mart flags. I use a 2x4 as the flag stand - you can bolt them in real solid and they dont flex/break. The flag always gets rough on the back edge after a couple weeks, but I drive 80 regularly with them- can't really expect them to hold up too that.

Thats good news. I think I'm going to stick with just one, probably a pretty big one at that, 3x5' maybe :dunno . I'll have to figure out how to mount it, havent decided on that yet.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
we fly a 3x5 flag with no problems but the cheaper nylon flags handle the wind a lot better then the more expensive cotton ones

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck looks great! Good info on the flags too, as I'm definitely flying one on the Dream Cruise in the end of august, if I take the truck that is. Altho come to think of it, the spare tire carrie of the chop-top Lincoln will make for an awesome attachment point for a flag, just gotta modify it a bit - how fat are the mast of those 3'x5' flags? And before someone ask why I feel the need to fly a flag even tho I ain't from here - tis a respect for the country that's helped me become who I am now. :hail

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by "fat of the mast" but I built a steel flag pole that I lock in my goose neck hitch

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was asking about the diameter of the white pole the flag itself is attached to - 1" sound about right? My Lincoln's tire carrier has a vertical square tube with a 1"x1" hole, so a 1" thick flag mast would fit very nice in there

FordGuy100

Reaction score
we fly a 3x5 flag with no problems but the cheaper nylon flags handle the wind a lot better then the more expensive cotton ones

Yeah I was looking into the nylon flags as well for the same reason, they may not be as nice, but they will keep better.