CL Hot Springs, AR 1992 CC dually $2,800 and only 185k looks to be a XLT

460mudsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://littlerock.craigslist.org/cto/3312499823.html

I saw this posted yesterday and was in Hot Springs but didn't have time or funds to even look at it.
Only one picture, but it appears to be a pretty decent looking white truck.

Add says:

Good condition and great running dually. 7.3 non turbo IDI diesel. New injectors, glow plugs, rear brake rebuild. Conversion package with custom front seats and back seat that folds into bed.
Not perfect but a good over the road hauler. 185K miles

Text 501.463.8536 for more info. Located in Hot Springs

$2800 or willing to trade for small 4x4 SUV or car!

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Around here that description means: On it's last legs, one tire in the boneyard, trying to find someone stupid enough to buy this wreck off me before it blows

I stopped even looking at vehicles in this state years ago. I always go to either Texas or Oklahoma or elsewhere. Everyone around here thinks their broken down crap that hasn't been properly maintained is worth solid gold, and there is nobody in Hot Springs or the surrounding area who knows anything about those trucks aside from one of our members and he hasnt helped that guy that I know of

I'll never forget the first IDI I went to look at in Little Rock ( I broke my rule because the Ad looked SO good, just like THAT one) " super clean interior" I get there the thing smelled like a rolling ash tray and the seats were hammered :rolleyes:, he started it before I got there even though I told him not to so I could hear cold start ( claimed he needed to run an errand, but his wifes car was right there) :backoff claimed it used NO oil between changes... but there was no dipstick in it,,, how could he tell... he just changed teh oil every 5000 miles and didnt add any in between cookoo

---- Off to Oklahoma

460mudsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to go look at it, just so I could post a reality check on it, but I didn't have time. It could easily be a barely rolling pile or just someone wanting to get rid of it. I just posted it in case someone else might be interested and not have seen it on CL.

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of the time when I see these for sale cheap, I think "Trans is shot" Automatically speaking. ;)

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Around here if it's got a slushbox, and Its rare to see a pickup without one ( all the trips to the boneyard, only trucks with sticks are company f150s or 450s and most ALL have manual windows around here), you can bet the fluid has never been changed unless the tranny has been blown and it's been rebuilt ..... and even then THATs no guarantee that it has fresh clean fluid in it. Ive seen rebuilders around here that drain the old tranny fluid out into barrels and settle it out, then pump the burnd up broken down stuff off the top into the trannys that they rebuild :eek: and then they will try to argue that it is good as new and better than synthetic cookoo WElcome to hillbilly Heaven :frustrate

If it's got a stick ( which is rare.... too much like walking and chewing gum at the same time for most of these folks :rotflmao , you can be sure the driver rode around with their left foot on the clutch and the pedal sags and the thing is completely shot.
The only thing about an f350 dually is that it's darn near impossible to overload one so the springs usually arent shot, The things people do to 150s around here and the occasional 250 would scare even this bunch ;Really ( although I have seen a few 350 dually and 450 frames busted in half on the side of teh road up in the middle of the Ozarks. You wouldnt believe how many logs you can stack on one of these things and run the mountains daily...... until :eek:

460mudsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Overload a truck?!? :) Never lol. When I brought home a forklift with my 95 F150 351w E4OD, according to the truck scales I drove across I had 4180 on the front axle, 6240 on the rear with a gross of 24,480 on the truck and gooseneck. It was only 45 miles of flat ground for the trip. The forklift weighed 10,980 by itself.
On a bright note, the truck did sit level with that load on it, and I still had 1.5" between the springs and the bump stops on the rear axle. The doubled main leaf in my rear spring pack make it a bit stiff.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Overload a truck?!? :) Never lol. When I brought home a forklift with my 95 F150 351w E4OD, according to the truck scales I drove across I had 4180 on the front axle, 6240 on the rear with a gross of 24,480 on the truck and gooseneck. It was only 45 miles of flat ground for the trip. The forklift weighed 10,980 by itself.
On a bright note, the truck did sit level with that load on it, and I still had 1.5" between the springs and the bump stops on the rear axle. The doubled main leaf in my rear spring pack make it a bit stiff.

I rest my case :rotflmao