Check This Glow Plug Out

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha, okay. They all seem to be good now, I ain't gonna bother replacing them since I just bought them and I just fixed my engine.... I could go buy them, I just spent a lot of money on the upper end rebuild and need to recover :p

I recently posted in the Ebay / Craigslist forum an ebay seller with 8 zd-9's for $75 shipped. You could probably do better with an online coupon at Advanced Auto. Google "advanced autoparts coupon", copy the appropriate coupon code, then order at AA online and pick up at your nearest store to save shipping cost. The same premise applies to any auto parts store just apply it to your nearest chain store. Hope this helps. I understand your comatose bank account. When it recovers do your homework on the gp's and then get a good deal.

USNENFTS

U.S. Navy Engineman
Reaction score
I'm not stressing over it. What i am worried about is my pilot bearing/bushing, read the thread I posted a bit earlier, it's still on the first page of threads roughly halfway down, no one has replied yet haha!

marmot

On the bench
Reaction score
YIKES 12 seconds:eek: I am glad I passed on em, I almost bought a set on ebay cause they were so cheap, kind of explains why dont it.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have found that the bosch glowplugs perform quite well and do not swell like the crap autolites. They, however, do burn out faster than the zd9's when performing a stress test. I recently decided to install the zd9's because it seems dumb not to run them after doing a top end rebuild like I did. For an additional $40, I do not have to worry about breaking a glowplug tip off and pulling a cylinder head. But looking back at the pics of your engine deck surface, you might be doing it in the near future anyways so run the cheapies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online