CC shortbed 4x4?

DragRag

Reaction score
In my opinion, there are few things as useless as a shortbed

Having had many of both, it really depends on what you are doing with it. The last short bed CC I had was back in 2008, and I kind of miss it. I have a CC LB I am thinking about chopping down since I only paid $500 for it, and I need a bed for it anyway.

89ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well it would definitely look factory as I want the 6 foot bed on it and I may leave it 2wd til its a running truck the guy said they took the engine and trans out for something else but I can locate those elsewhere including another salvage truck he has but for me I'm not wanting an extremely long truck like a crewcab longbed I'm already commited to buying a half ton sc shortbed 4x4 5 speed with a 300-6 for $400 from the guy but he was tryin to sell that crewcab since I wanted a diesel or previous diesel lol. I just need something that will be easier to get a carseat in and out of because in a few short months I'll be a Dad!!

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
The CC's work awesome for that! I'll take a pic of my setup for my 4 year old. He loves it back there. That's part of the reason I got rid of my extended cab. Stupid car seat wouldn't fit in the back!

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
89ford,
Hope everything turns out ok, congrats as well.
Anything she says at that time doesn't count. Just repeat this mantra, "You look fine, your glowing":thumbsup:
Just remember baby pooh cleans up as easy as dirt & grease, just a different smell.

89ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys I'm excited for the baby to get here we're pretty sure its a boy so I know where he will be when he gets older... haha I'm keepin my reg cab around so maybe by time he can drive.... nah prolly not it will be fully restored lol but yeah I'm trying to get ready

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
to put a bigger bed on a smaller cab chassie ex cc cab on ec or rc frame will need a notch cut in the back of the cab for the hump in the frame (unless you start with a chassie cab)
id get a cclb then find a short bed and set it in place then cut off the rear of the frame and move the axle since youre moving the axle and this will need to ride nice to keep the kid asleep you might as well airbag and 4 link the rear too
also when i find the right girl and we have kids the wife will have a ccsb on a rclb frame itll look like a megasized yota but i think itll be cool with some 35s and a small lift

89ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
to put a bigger bed on a smaller cab chassie ex cc cab on ec or rc frame will need a notch cut in the back of the cab for the hump in the frame (unless you start with a chassie cab)
id get a cclb then find a short bed and set it in place then cut off the rear of the frame and move the axle since youre moving the axle

I'm not sure but I think the cc lb had the wheel humps in the frame too correct me if I'm wrong?

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya all non chassie cab have the hump but if yous tart with a cc and shorten post axle then you wont have to deal with the hump

towtruckdave

Resident Nutcase
Reaction score

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
anyone done one of these with an idi? I can pick up a longbed 2wd down the road and wonderin if it will be worth all the work since I have my own little one on the way:angel:

Reg cab short bed is 117"
Reg cab long bed is 133"
supercab short bed is 139"
supercab long bed is 155"
crewcab short bed is 152"
crewcab long bed is 168"

As for being a IDI, Powerstroke or gasser. It has no bearing on the rear frame of the truck.

For making a CCLB into a CCSB it is easy. Cut 16" out of the frame(between front spring hanger and front bed bolt.) rear drive shaft, brake lines and bolt on a short bed.

DONE

Last edited: